Beauty Industry West joined Mazur Group for the first ever co-hosted Beauty Biz Roundtable at the Sheraton Delfina in Santa Monica.
The Beauty Biz Roundtable BBR series brings together 100 Mid to Senior Level Beauty Executives in a roundtable format that fosters networking and idea sharing. This is NOT a lecture or panel discussion.
BBR7 kicked off with a cocktail hour for open networking followed by a Keynote Address from Suzi Weiss Fischmann, Executive Vice President & Artistic Director of OPI Products, Inc., who spoke about “What’s Your Inspiration.”
“People always ask me where I get my inspiration to create season after season of successful OPI Nail Lacquer collections. Over the last 23 years, I have created literally thousands of nail lacquer shades; and many memorable shade names. One of my personal favorites is I’m Suzi, and I’m a Chocoholic,” Weiss-Fischmann revealed during her Keynote Address. Suzi’s inspiration? Her mother and daughter.
Attendees then sat down in 3 roundtables with distinguished Thought Leaders including:
- Jennifer Parks, Senior Vice President of National Accounts at Sexy Hair Concepts: “From 1 Big Red Can to a 6 Foot Section”
- Adrienne Kramer, CEO/President of Pro Beauty Partners: “Flash Sales Sites – Maximizing the Latest Beauty Channel”
- Dana B. Myers, Founder of Booty Parlor: “From Niche to Mainstream:When a Vision Can Fill a Void”
- Cindy Engstrom, Founder & CEO of Sircle Advertising: “Humanizing the Online Brand – Consumer Connection”
- Nicolle Lubman, President of MOR Cosmetics: “Inspiring Ways to Connect with Consumers”
- Elaine Binder, President & Co-Founder of Spongeables: “Transforming Inspiration into SKUs”
- Kym Wechsler, Founder and President of Calm and Scents: “R2F Raw 2 Finished: How inspiration Leads to Creating and Launching Award Winning Products”
- Terri Ross, Aesthetic Business Director for Garth Fisher, M.D.: “Strategic Ways to Expand into Aesthetics/Cosmetic Surgery Practices”
BBR7 Sponsors include: Beauty Industry West, Booty Parlor, Calm & Scents, GCI, MaCher, MOR Cosmetics, OPI Products, Inc., Pro Beauty Partners, Sexy Hair Concepts, Sircle Advertising, Spongeables, WWD, and Cosmopak – the Keynote Sponsor.
As with all BBR events, attendees enjoyed a fun-filled night of:
- A chance for strong business connections, job opportunities, and new partnerships
- Tasty Hors d’oeuvres & Cocktails
- Fabulous beauty gift bag
- Complimentary valet parking
Click here to see photos
Click here to see videos
The next BBR event is scheduled for August 2012.