Beauty and Branding…the perfect topic of conversation at the Beauty Biz Roundtable BBR9 event, held at the Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica hotel on June 18th, 2013.
BBR9 kicked off with a cocktail hour where attendees enjoyed complimentary hors d’oeuvre, cocktails, and more importantly – open networking with top beauty industry executives.
BBR9’s Keynote speaker was Fabrice Croisé, the Global Business Development Director of SelectNY, an advertising agency. From his years as a fragrance marketer for Lancome, to developing the European office for branding and advertising agency, SelectNY, Croisé shared his thoughts on branding beauty clients like Estee Lauder, P&G, Coty, and L’Oréal during his Keynote address on “Psst, Pass It On: How Brand Storytelling Is Taking Over Advertising.” Croisé discussed the importance of branding beauty products as “a story”, a way of evoking cherished memories and experiences.
Our other distinguished BBR9 Thought Leaders include:
- Jennifer Goldfarb, President of ipsy: “Beauty Tomorrow – The Ways We Will Buy and Be Influenced”
- Dan Obegi, CEO of DermStore Beauty Group: “The Intersection of Content and Commerce”
- Scott-Vincent Borba, Creator and Founder of BORBA, Co-Founder of e.l.f. cosmetics, Creative Director & EVP of Marketing for Toppik, Inc.: “Innovation in Branding”
- Amy Liu, VP of Marketing for Josie Maran Cosmetics:“Launching & Growing Distribution for Emerging Brands”
- Cesar Arellanes, Director at Center for International Trade Development: “Emerging Markets Demand U.S. Cosmetics”
- Maria Rush, Purchasing & Brand Development for Beauty Collection: “You only have ONE 1st impression with a Buyer – Make it Count!”
- Wendye Katzman, Principal at Muse Collective: “Filling the Gap: Developing, Evolving or Transforming Product in a Competitive Marketplace”
- Nathalie Schlemer, Head of Product Strategy for Wen Hair Care: “Bridging Science and Fiction: The Quest for Perfect Ingredients”
- Eleanor Keare, President of Circle of Friends: “Launching Niche Brands and Creating New Categories”
The unique format of BBR allows guests to interact directly with Thought Leaders and other attendees in 3 rounds of 35 minute, thought-provoking, roundtable discussions.
Nicole Collins, the Brand Partnerships Manager at ipsy, exclaimed “I love attending BBR since it is a truly unique networking opportunity. It’s different from anything else that’s available in Southern California and New York. I always meet inspiring and thought-provoking thought leaders.”
Thank you to all our BBR9 Sponsors: MaCher, Beauty Collection, Chaz Dean Studio, Circle of Friends, Center for International Trade Development, DermStore Beauty Group, GCI Magazine, ipsy, and Josie Maran Cosmetics.
Click here to view more photos from BBR9
Check out exclusive footage from BBR9 Thought Leaders: Dan Obegi (DermStore), Jennifer Goldfarb (ipsy), Scott-Vincent Borba, Maria Rush (Beauty Collection), Cesar Arellanes (Center for International Trade Development)