Beauty Biz Roundtable BBR6 was a huge success based on our incredible Thought Leaders!
Our BBR6 Keynote speaker was Lori Jacobus, CMO of Murad, whose keynote address was “Teamwork: Utilizing Individual Strengths to Create a Dynamic Team.”
Lori revealed that “According to a worldwide study conducted by Tower Watson, the single highest driver of workplace engagement is whether or not workers feel their managers are genuinely interested in their well-being. Turns out less than 40% of workers feel that their managers care about them as people. In my 25+ years of experience in the workplace, I’ve seen many more managers who are comfortable having “course-correction” conversations – those tough love meetings where we tell people to straighten up—but I’ve rarely found managers who motivate through reinforcement and appreciation. My personal style is to try to work from that space since it makes for a more productive staff and a better working environment for all of us.”
The Beauty Biz Roundtable BBR series, held at the Sheraton Delfina in Santa Monica, brings together 100 Mid to Senior Level Beauty Executives in a roundtable format that fosters networking and idea sharing. This is NOT a lecture or panel discussion.
Other BBR6 Thought Leaders included:
- Alisa Beyer, Founder, The Beauty Company: “2012 Pink Report: Using ‘Emotional Science’ to segment the US Beauty Consumer”
- Carina Breda, VP of Marketing, Orly International: “How Orly Doubled Biz in a Down Economy: Putting Business Processes in Place”
- Jack Davies, Founder, Collective Wellbeing: “Product Development: Trends in Natural Cosmetics”
- Alice Kim, President, Lash Card: “Launching Your Own Beauty Company”
- Merritt Loughran, President, MML PR: “How Big Brands and Small brands Fight for Celebrity Attention”
- Shel Pink, Founder, SpaRitual: “Slow Beauty – A New Evolution in the Industry”
- Kate Scherer, Co-Founder & Director, Product 360: “The Art of The Creative Process – Do’s and Don’ts for successful Launches & Brand Platforms”
- Kim Vo, Master Colorist & Celebrity Stylist
BBR6 Sponsors include: The Beauty Company, Collective Wellbeing, GCI, Lash Card, MaCher, Orly International, Product 360, SpaRitual, Kim Vo, WWD, and Cosmopak – the Keynote Sponsor.
As with all BBR events, attendees enjoyed a fun-filled night of:
- A chance for strong business connections, job opportunities, and new partnerships
- Tasty Hors d’oeuvres & Cocktails
- Fabulous beauty gift bag
- Complimentary valet parking