Our BBR series continues to be a success with BBR8, held on August 22nd, 2012 at a new venue – the gorgeous Loews Santa Monica Beach hotel.
BBR8 kicked off with a special BBR Thought Leader Reunion, where past Thought Leaders from 7 previous BBR events re-connected and shared their BBR experiences with one another. Over 30 Thought Leaders attended including Kate Scherer (Co-Founder of Product 360), Karen Quimby Lobo (Co-Founder of Product 360), Christina Bartolucci (Co-Founder of DuWop Cosmetics), Madeline Leonard (Owner of Cloutier Agency), Jeffrey Ten (VP International Sales for NYX Cosmetics), and Adrienne Kramer (President of ProBeauty Partners).
Meanwhile at a separate cocktail hour, general BBR8 attendees enjoyed an hour of open networking followed by the Keynote Address from SkinMedica’s CEO, Mary Fisher. With more than 25 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, Fisher surprised BBR attendees with her non-traditional start in the beauty industry. ” I didn’t become a scientist or a business person first. I went to art school…and then I starved,” laughs Fisher. “I was always a curious child. I am a complete geek – I love science! I’m constantly asking questions and seeking collaborations. Once I started working at Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the world’s leading private pharmaceuticals, I was hooked. Scientific innovation is what makes brands like SkinMedica a trusted brand for both physicians and consumers.”
Fisher’s fresh new perspective and biotech background delighted many attendees, especially with the rising market of medical spas and the exclusive brands they carry. “It’s all about trust – trust between an advanced skincare brand and physicians, and trust between physicians and consumers,” Fisher emphasizes.
In addition to Fisher, our other distinguished BBR8 Thought Leaders include:
- Keynote Speaker: Mary Fisher, CEO of SkinMedica: “Biotech to Beauty”
- Daniela Ciocan, Director of Marketing for Cosmoprof North America / SoGeCos Americas: “Grow Your Business Internationally – How to Avoid Cultural, Legislative, and Marketing Pitfalls”
- Jeff Falk, Editor in Chief of GCI and Cosmetics & Toiletries Magazines: “Minimizing Static by Dialing in the Right Communication Methods”
- Rose Fernandez, VP of Sales at Kate Somerville: “Channel Surfing – Navigating a Multi-Channel Environment”
- Emily Katz, Celebrity Makeup Artist: “Strategic Targeting for Film/TV Media”
- Gloria Luna, Executive Director of Marketing for SkinMedica: “How to Market Yourself into your Dream Job”
- Jen Mathews, President of Top Tier Media & Award-Winning Beauty Blogger: “How to use Pinterest to Increase Market Share and Customer Engagement”
- Frances Mazur, Executive Recruiter/President Mazur Group: “Competing for Talent in a Dynamic Marketplace”
- Aliesh Pierce, Product Developer, Aesthetician and Author: “Advances in Multi-Ethnic Cosmetics”
The unique format of BBR left a lasting impression on everyone from Thought Leaders to attendees.“I enjoyed my time at BBR8 tremendously. I was able to speak to the group and then with a group in a roundtable format. It was a tremendous networking opportunity, Frances and her group did an amazing job! I learned a lot from everyone and plan to come back to make sure that I continue to learn,” said BBR8 Keynote Speaker, Mary Fisher, CEO of SkinMedica.
Another BBR8 Thought Leader – Rose Fernandez, the VP of Sales at Kate Somerville, added that “BBR8 was absolutely amazing. I was just so honored and privileged to sit with so many people with such diverse backgrounds. BBR8 was really engaging – I was asked lots of great questions and I learned lots of great things from my roundtables. I would definitely recommend the BBR series to anyone who is looking to meet really passionate people in the beauty industry.”
“Don’t miss this rare opportunity West Coast opportunity to network and hear from the best in the business,“ exclaims Kari Feder, the Training and Education Manager of Procter & Gamble.
A huge thank you to all our BBR8 sponsors including Cosmopak, Cosmoprof, GCI Magazine, Kate Somerville, MaCher, and SkinMedica.
About the Beauty Biz Roundtable BBR Series
Hosted by Mazur Group, the Beauty Biz Roundtable (BBR) series brings together 100 Mid to Senior Level Beauty Executives in a roundtable format that fosters networking and idea sharing. This is NOT a lecture or panel discussion. The BBR series is your opportunity to sit down in small group settings with industry peers. Past BBR attendees and Thought Leaders have come from every major beauty company here in the West including OPI, Stila, Dermalogica, John Paul Mitchell Systems, Murad, Sexy Hair , Neutrogena, Urban Decay, CND, P&G, Josie Maran, Intelligent Beauty, boscia, Orly International, Smashbox, totalbeauty.com, and more! Click here for more details